Written by Jennifer Boren
In conjunction with AASL’s School Library Month in April, TASL presents the 2019 Bookmark Contest! Each year, the contest supports the theme of AASL’s School Library Month, and this year’s theme is…“Everyone Belongs @ Your School Library”.
Current member libraries of TASL are eligible to enter the contest with a maximum of three entries per division.
The four contest divisions are:
- Primary K-2
- Intermediate 3-5
- Middle 6-8
- High 9-12
There are several ways you can run the contest at your school:
- Collaborate with classroom or art teachers to reach all students
- Have students work on bookmark entries during library time
- Promote the bookmark contest – advertise on library websites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Offer prizes to school-wide winners
Bookmarks will be judged on the following criteria:
- Execution of the theme
- Use of artistic medium (digital art, paint, crayon, pastels, etc.)
- Entry is completed on official entry form, with all information and parent signature visible.
Prizes will be awarded for state-wide winners as follows:
- 1st Place – Students receive a $25 cash award and 25 bookmarks of their own design. School librarians receive 200 bookmarks of the winning design and an enlargement of the bookmark. Students and librarians will receive an award certificate.
- Honorable Mention – Students receive 25 bookmarks of their design. School librarians receive 100 bookmarks of their design and and enlargement of their bookmark. Students and librarians will receive an award certificate.
Contest entries must be postmarked by February 16, 2019.
Please read Contest FAQs for contest information and return only your top 3 student entries for your division.
Entries must be submitted on the Official Student Entry Form and Template (1 entry per template), along with the Instructions for School Librarian and Entry Checklist.
Mail entries and checklist by February 16 to:
TASL Bookmark Contest
Woodland Middle School
ATTN: Lindsey Kimery
1500 Volunteer Pkwy
Brentwood, TN 37027
TASL can’t wait to see the creative work of your students!
Questions? Contact Lindsey Kimery: LindsKAnderson@gmail.com